Property Assistant Opportunity
We have an immediate opening for a Property Assistant at our 2016 Quinn Street location
. The Property Assistant, through the direction of the Property Lawyers, will assist in all aspects of the file to ensure excellent client service and smooth and efficient workflow. This role will also include reception coverage.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Utilizing appropriate systems to their fullest advantage in generating documents, correspondence, BF's, etc.
- Assisting in the request and receipt of tax certificates, mortgage statements, payout and assumption statements, location certificates, search of title, fire insurance confirmation, necessary clearances, etc.
- Following up with clients, opposing counsel, financial institutions, etc. to ensure that all required information is received, everyone is informed and everything is in place for the closing
- Keep lawyers and impacted colleagues informed of any problems or delays in the completion of assigned tasks on the file
- Reporting to financial institutions and other relevant parties
- Forwarding registered documentation to client following closing
- Following up regarding undertakings given to other party’s solicitor at time of closing
- Servicing clients, both over the phone and in-person at reception
- Previous legal administrative experience is essential
- Experience working with a high volume of property transactions would be a great asset
- Familiarity the LRA system and forms would be beneficial
- Organized, highly detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize
- Excellent proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills
- Energetic, flexible, and willing to pitch in wherever necessary
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Word and Outlook along with an affinity to learn new technology
- Basic accounting skills
- Accurately follows instructions and asks questions to clarify requirements & ensure work is done properly
- Strong written and verbal communication including excellent telephone skills
If you are interested in this fast-paced role and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, New Glasgow and Halifax and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 140 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated and motivated staff.
We are pleased to offer our staff a competitive salary, group insurance coverage, and pension plan membership after a year.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity. Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals.