Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Published June 22, 2021
Are you a creative and versatile marketing professional with some experience under your belt? If that sounds like you, add in exceptional interpersonal skills, and perhaps you will be Patterson Law’s first Marketing & Communications Coordinator!
You will work in both our Truro and Halifax offices with occasional travel to our other offices located in New Glasgow and Bridgewater.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Guide our brand development to bring our vision to life
- Implement effective and targeted marketing strategies and campaigns
- Manage our digital presence across all platforms
- Support our lawyers in the ongoing development of their practices, including assisting with the preparation of RFP’s and developing systems for client follow-up and promotion
- Lead our internal and external communications on behalf of firm management
- Plan and implement internal & external events and speaking engagements
- Successful completion of a Marketing/Public Relations/Communications degree or diploma
- At least two years of related experience in a similar role, ideally in a law firm or other professional services environment
- Proven success in brand management, external relations, internal communications
- Experience in RFP preparation, and event planning
- Superior communication skills with ability to interact effectively with others and build productive relationships
- Impeccable writing, editing, and proofreading skills with high attention to the details
- Ability to prepare effective communication for the various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), internal and external announcements, press releases, advertisements, blogs, promotional materials (digital, print)
- Strong knowledge and experience of digital marketing techniques and web content management including SEO, SEM and reporting
- Understanding of, and interest in, social media trends for business
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Graphic design skills would be a definite asset
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Strong project planning and management skills – able to coordinate the pieces and people involved to stay on track and follow through
- Energetic, flexible, and excited to contribute to business success
- Ability to remain calm and productive within a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance completing priorities and remain organized
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
This position is currently available and will be filled as soon as possible. If you are interested in this dynamic role and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, New Glasgow, Halifax, and Bridgewater and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 130 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated and motivated staff.
We are pleased to offer our staff a competitive salary, group insurance coverage, and pension plan membership after a year.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity. Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals.