Receptionist/Legal Assistant (New Glasgow)
Published April 28, 2021
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Receptionist/Legal Assistant in our New Glasgow office located at 47 Riverside Street.
Purpose: The Receptionist/Legal Assistant has responsibility for day-to-day functions that keep our office running smoothly. This includes efficient handling of incoming calls and walk-in clients, contact with vendors, scheduling meetings, managing room utilization, conflict check processing, as well as basic accounting and general administrative tasks.
Work Schedule: This is a permanent full-time position. Standard work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30. These are hours are inflexible due to opening/closing office responsibilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Reception duties including following cleaning protocols and ensuring visitors adhere to safety requirements
- Arranging couriers, sorting and distributing mail, incoming and outgoing faxes, taking payments and providing receipts
- Completion of overflow legal administrative work in support the lawyers and other staff members
- Relief coverage for legal Assistants during periods of absence or heavy workload
- Scanning and filing
- Completion of other administrative tasks and projects as assigned
- Formal legal administrative assistant education and training an asset
- Prior Reception experience and experience in a similar professional work environment would be considered assets
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- A strong knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation to ensure quality control of reports and correspondence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals
- Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
- Energetic, flexible, and willing to pitch in wherever necessary
The new Receptionist/Legal Assistant is needed as soon as possible. If you are interested in this dynamic role and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, New Glasgow, Halifax, and Bridgewater and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 130 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated and motivated staff.
We are pleased to offer our staff a competitive salary, group insurance coverage, and pension plan membership after a year.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity. Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals.