Focusing her legal practice primarily on civil litigation, personal injury, and insurance law, Aimee combines her extensive professional background in architectural specifications, construction, business ownership, and many other sectors to provide her clients with digestible, real-world solutions.
Aimee has quickly distinguished herself as a Member at Large of the Canadian Bar Association Construction and Infrastructure Law Section, along with her three-year Board of Directors appointment as Governor-in-Council to the Licensed Professional Planners Association of Nova Scotia. Simultaneously, she has accumulated experience in matters stretching from multi-million dollar construction lawsuits to representing clients in Nova Scotia’s Small Claims Court for construction claims.
Aimee completed her Bachelor of Arts degree (Honors with Distinction), majoring in Political Science with a minor in Business, a Certificate in Public Administration, Law and Policy (Honors with Distinction), and started her Master of Business Administration at the University of Cape Breton. Shortly after, Aimee received her Juris Doctor while attending Dalhousie’s Schulich School of Law. And most recently, Aimee completed a certificate in Construction Law from York University’s Osgoode Hall Law School.
- Governor-in-Council, Licensed Professional Planners Association of Nova (2020 – Present)
- Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic (2020)
- Member at Large, Canadian Bar Association Construction and Infrastructure Law Section (2019 – Present)
- Tenancy Rights Project, Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic, (2019 – 2020)
- Deputy Returning Officer, Dalhousie Schulich School of Law (2019)
- Pro-Bono Clinic, Sydney Court House (2017 – 2018)
- Island Community Justice (2016 – 2017)
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Certificate in Construction Law (Osgoode Hall Law School, 2021)
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 2021
- J.D. (Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2021)
- Master of Business Administration (Cape Breton University, 2018 – Present)
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Political Science, Minor in Business, Honors with Distinction (Cape Breton University, 2017)
- Certificate in Public Administration, Law and Policy, Honors with Distinction (Cape Breton University, 2017)
- 3 year Advanced Diploma Interior Design, Architectural Design and Construction (Sheridan Collage Institute of technology, 2001)