Emily MacDonald joined Patterson Law as an articled clerk in June of 2021. Emily earned her law degree at the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University. While a student, she participated in the clinical law program at the Dalhousie Legal Aid Service. Prior to her legal studies, Emily received her Master of Music degree in piano performance at the University of Ottawa and her Bachelor of Music degree in piano performance at Dalhousie University.
In addition to her recognized performance abilities, Emily is an award-winning piano and theory teacher. For over a decade, Emily dedicated her time developing a successful piano and theory studio. Its success was based upon Emily establishing strong client relationships and tailoring her results-based approach to each client’s individual goals and needs.
Given Emily’s entrepreneurial background, her dedication to achieving success, and her ability to teach others to attain their goals, Patterson Law is delighted to have Emily join their corporate commercial team.
Areas of Law
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, June 2022
- J.D. (Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2021)
- MMus (University of Ottawa, 2016)
- BMus, Distinction, (Dalhousie University, 2013)
- Sarah MacWalker MacKenzie Clinical Law Award, 2021
- Schulich Entrance Scholarship in Law, 2019
- Royal Conservatory of Music Gold Medal Teacher Award, 2017
- Dalhousie University Medal in Music, 2013