Ken’s preferred areas of practice are property, estates and trusts and business law. He provides effective and practical advice to businesses, charities, resident and non-resident clients. He acts for large and small businesses, implementing planning strategies for succession, and advises companies with respect to business law matters, including commercial financing and the purchase and sale of shares and assets. Ken also advises clients on the purchase and sale of real property, mortgages and refinancing.
Ken holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Acadia University and a law degree from Dalhousie University. Ken was admitted to the Bar of Nova Scotia in 1980. He is a member of the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society and the Lunenburg County Barristers’ Association.
Ken resides in Bridgewater. He has been active in community affairs, including acting as past chair of the Bridgewater Parks and Recreation Commission, the Tree Committee of the Town of Bridgewater, the Bridgewater Police Commission, and executive member of the Bridgewater Baseball Association. Ken enjoys golf, cross-country skiing, hiking, camping and canoeing. He is married with four children.
Areas of Law
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Lunenburg County Barristers’ Association
- Past Chair, Bridgewater Parks and Recreation Commission
- Past Chair, the Tree Committee of the Town of Bridgewater
- Past Chair, the Bridgewater Police Commission
- Executive member, Bridgewater Baseball Association.
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 1980
- LL.B. (Dalhousie University, 1979)
- B.Sc. (Acadia University, 1975)