Kristopher is a problem solver. His practice is focused primarily in insurance law, professional liability, and personal injury. Handling cases involving motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, commercial liability, and coverage disputes, he represents a wide range of people and organizations, including lawyers, restaurants, property owners, and contractors. Kristopher also assists people and corporations in commercial and property disputes.
Kristopher’s civil litigation practice is fulfilling and extensive. The insurance law side of his practice includes a wide ambit of property, casualty, and professional liability. He has defended lawyers and teachers in the context of malpractice claims. This necessarily keeps him exposed to many areas of law, which he finds highly engaging.
Areas of Law
Referencing over a decade of experience, Kristopher has represented clients on a wide variety of complex matters stretching across commercial property disputes, malpractice claims, personal injuries, and more.
Outside of the institutional client setting. Kristopher has experience in estate, commercial and property litigation. He has also helped people advance claims relating to motor vehicle accidents, assaults, drug overdoses, and slip and falls.
- Carleton County Law Association (“CCLA”)
- Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- CCLA Diversity Committee, Founding co-creator, 2016
- Carleton County Law Association Board of Trustees, 2013 – 2016
- CCLA New Lawyers Committee, 2013 – 2016
- CCLA Membership Committee, Co-chair, 2013 – 2016
- OBA Insurance Law Executive, Member-At-Large, 2012 – 2017
- “Take it to the limits: Section 5(1)(a)(iv) of the Limitations Act, 2002” CCLA Litigation Conference – 2018
- “Stretch it out: Flexibility with limitations periods and Section 5(1)(a)(iv) of the Limitations Act, 2002” Kingston & 1000 Islands Legal Conference – 2018.
- “Heartbreak Hotel: Squeezed Out Minority Shareholders and the Oppression Remedy” CCLA Annual Solicitors Conference – 2015
- “Is the Jury Out?!” CCLA Litigation Conference – 2014
- “Money Talks! Critical Financial Issues in Personal Injury Law” Developer / Chair, OBA CLE Symposium – 2014
- “I am not a doctor, but I play one in Court! Critical Issues re: Medical Experts in Personal Injury Claims” Developer / Chair, OBA CLE Symposium – 2013
- “Justice System in Crisis?” Access to Justice Panel Discussion, Developer / Host, Ottawa Writers Festival – 2013
- “Lost in Compensation? Navigating Collateral Benefits for Injured Plaintiffs” Developer / Chair, CCLA CLE Seminar – 2013
- “Falling for You: Critical Issues in Slip-Trip-&-Fall Claims” Developer / Co-chair, OBA CLE Symposium – 2013
- “Best Intentions: Extrinsic Evidence & Contract Interpretation” CCLA Annual Litigation Conference – 2009
- Bar Admission: Ontario, 2010
- LL.B. (University of Ottawa, 2009)
- B.A., Honours (University of Ottawa, 2004)