Peter is a litigator based in our Bridgewater office, with a practice focused primarily on family law matters and civil litigation. Peter strives to provide competent legal advice and services in an efficient and timely manner. His interests lie in promoting access to justice for all Nova Scotians.
As an immigrant growing up in the Greater Toronto Area, Peter was able to maintain his Polish and Ukrainian ethnic roots. He has professional working proficiency in the Polish and Ukrainian languages as well as in French.
While pursuing his law degree at Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto, Peter was enrolled in the Environmental Justice and Sustainability Clinical Program. This program is a public interest legal clinic and experiential education initiative which promotes environmental justice and sustainability in Canada by carrying out legal work on a pro bono basis for a variety of clients. Peter’s clinic placement was with East Coast Environmental Law (ECELAW) in Halifax.
Before attending law school, Peter earned a MA in Political Studies from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Peter worked at the Ottawa and constituency offices of former Member of Parliament and Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Navdeep Bains. Since 2004, Peter has volunteered for numerous political candidates in various capacities, including election campaigns, community events, and policy development.
Areas of Law
- Graduate Award, Queen’s University, Kingston, 2010-2011
- Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship, Province of Ontario, 2005-2009
- Ontario International Education Opportunity Scholarship, Province of Ontario, 2007
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Volunteer, Office of the Member of Parliament Arif Virani (2016-2020)
- Volunteer, Wells of Hope, Guatemala (2015)
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 2021
- J.D. (Osgoode Hall Law School, York University, Toronto, 2020)
- M.A., Political Studies (Queen’s University, Kingston, 2011)
- B.A., Spec. Hons. Global Political Studies, cum laude (York University, Toronto, 2009)
- Certificat d’Etudes Politiques (Institut d’Etudes Politiques, Grenoble, France, 2008)