Stephen’s business and management experience comes from almost 20 years as an executive with Tim Horton’s, working on everything from real estate and development to operations to Tim’s entry into New York City and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Stephen also brings his professional expertise to bear on behalf of the community through his volunteer work. He is a board member for the Rath-Eastlink Community Centre, serving on the governance and finance committees. He serves on the Business Economic Development Advisory Committee for Colchester County, is a member of the Truro Industrial Society and is Chairman of the Planning Advisory Committee for the Town of Truro.
Areas of Law
- Real estate and legal consulting as well as real estate development activities.
- Expertise in Quick Service Restaurant Operations. This expertise is international in scope for both real estate and restaurant operations.
- Monitoring and liaising with the franchise community
- Providing leadership to TDL Corporate Operations Team in Atlantic Canada
- Managing Operations, Legal, Construction and Property Management Departments for TDL Group, Atlantic Canada
- Member, Secretary and General Counsel 1995 Halifax Brier
- Secretary Nova Scotia Curling Association
- Member of Assessment Appeal Board for the County of Halifax
- Chairman of the Planning Committee of the Town of Truro
- Member of the Search Committee for the CAO for the Town of Truro
- Board Member Cobequid Housing Authority
- Board Member Rath Eastlink Community Centre (RECC)
- Member of the Business Economic Development Advisory Committee for the County of Colchester
- Member of the Truro Industrial Development Society
- Supreme Court Charter Decisions, 1984: An Analysis
- University of New Brunswick Law Journal, Volume 34, 1985 – Stephen Johnston, Stephen Marshall, Eugene Bhattacharya
- LL.B. (University of New Brunswick, 1985)
- B.Comm (Mount Allison University, 1979)