Litigation Support Assistant (Truro)
Published October 7, 2021
Reporting to the HR Director, the Litigation Support Assistant will provide administrative support to the Truro Litigation group, primarily in the areas of Family and Criminal law. A variety of administrative tasks are completed by the Litigation Support Assistant depending on staff absences and the needs of the group. This position will be busy and fast-paced in order to ensure deadlines are met.
Location: Truro Office – 10 Church Street
Work Schedule: Standard work hours are 34.5 per week. Some flexibility and occasional overtime may be required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assisting with various administrative work, including scanning, filing, photocopying, binding, and tasks related to getting documents ready for distribution
- Local deliveries and pick-ups as required, such as to the Courts, other law offices, banks, etc.
- Contacting and following up with clients to gather required information as directed by the assigned lawyer and their assistant
- Accurate and timely preparation of legal documents and correspondence
- Covering for Legal Assistants during periods of absence
- Completion of other administrative tasks and projects as assigned
- Successful completion of Paralegal or Office Administration diploma or equivalent
- Reliable, punctual, strong desire to learn and work hard
- Energetic, flexible, and willing to pitch in wherever necessary
- Strong keyboarding skills and an affinity to learn new technology
- Accurately follows instructions and asks questions to clarify requirements & ensure work is done properly
- Adaptable, thriving on change and able to effectively shift priorities with short or no notice
- Excellent proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills
- Organized, highly detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Transcription experience is a definite asset, but can be learned on-the-job
- Prior experience in a similar professional work environment would be considered an asset
This position is currently available and will be filled as soon as possible. If you are interested in this dynamic role and meet the requirements of this position, please apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Patterson Law is an established Nova Scotia law firm with offices in Truro, New Glasgow, Halifax, Bridgewater, and Pictou and with clients whose interests range from global to purely local. Our more than 150 lawyers and staff are dedicated to meeting our clients’ diverse legal needs. We endeavour to maintain the highest standard of service to our clients. This can only be accomplished by employing qualified, educated, and motivated staff.
We are pleased to offer our staff a competitive salary, group insurance coverage, and pension plan membership after a year.
Patterson Law hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to employment equity and welcome diversity. Applications are encouraged from all interested and qualified individuals.
Internal and external candidates will be considered simultaneously for this posting.