Matt joined the firm as a student in the summers of 2017 and 2018, and returned in 2019 as an articled clerk. Upon being called to the Bar in June 2020, Matt joined our litigation group. Matt’s practice focus is on civil litigation, estate litigation, family law, criminal defence, personal injury, medical malpractice and insurance defence.
Matt represented Dalhousie University at the Gale Cup Moot, the national criminal law appellate moot competition, during his third year of law school. He spent the final term of law school in the Dalhousie Criminal Law Clinic, in a placement with the Nova Scotia Public Prosecution Service. Before attending law school, Matt earned an MBA from Saint Mary’s University and spent five years as a project manager for research and development of medical and neuroimaging technologies.
Areas of Law
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
Volunteer at Laing House (2014-2019)
Pro-Bono Dalhousie (2016–2018)
- Research for People First Nova Scotia
- Research for East Coast Prison Justice Society
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 2020
- LL.B. (Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2019)
- M.B.A. (Sobey’s School of Business, Saint Mary’s University, 2009)
- B.A. Honours, English and Psychology (University of King’s College/Dalhousie University, 2007)