Associated Areas of law
Patterson Law is proud to offer its expertise to help clients successfully navigate the Fisheries Industry, both provincially and federally.
Whether you are a fisherman, vessel owner, Fish Buyer, Fish Processor, Designated Buyer, or otherwise involved in commercial fisheries, Patterson Law has experienced counsel ready to assist you in in the matters that impact you most. Patterson Law’s areas of expertise include:
- Incorporations of fishing businesses
- Tax planning and corporate structuring
- Income tax, HST and EI disputes and appeals
- Purchase and sale of fishing licences
- Family (inter-generational) transfers of licences and fishing assets
- Financings, including marine mortgages and licence assignments
- Purchase and sale of vessels and other assets
- Contract disputes
- DFO regulations and compliance
- Offences under the Fisheries Act
If you need legal assistance with a commercial fisheries matter, Patterson Law is ready to help.