The capital region of Nova Scotia, Halifax is a seaside city bustling with a diverse multicultural community. With a number of unique neighbourhoods and a population of 400,000 people, Haligonians enjoy many large city amenities and the charm and comfort of small town living.
Halifax is home to six acclaimed universities and several colleges, eight major hospitals, numerous golf and yacht clubs as well as many parks, lakes and beaches.
Whether you are looking to buy or rent in Halifax, there are a wide variety of housing choices, ranging from urban to rural, condominiums to single family detached, offered at a full range of prices. According to the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, the cost of living in Halifax in 2010 was one of the lowest in the country.
Our Halifax office is located in the downtown core, which is filled with exciting shops and restaurants, national historic sites, galleries, museums, urban gardens and parks, and a nationally acclaimed and award-winning waterfront boardwalk.
Arts, Recreation & Culture
- Greater Halifax Partnership
- Halifax Chamber of Commerce
- Nova Scotia Business Inc.
- Office of Economic Development
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission
- Downtown Halifax Business Commission
- Spring Garden Area Business Association
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Halifax Port Corporation
Halifax is Nova Scotia’s largest metropolitan area and has the largest most advanced medical centers in the Province. The Queen Elizabeth II is an advanced medical center with the latest in equipment and medical expertise, and is the preferred location for major medical procedures and all operations. Halifax also has one of Canada’s finest children’s facilities, the Izaak Walton Killam (“IWK”) Hospital. There is an excellent hospital in Dartmouth, as well.
- Halifax Regional School Board
- Conseil scolair acadien provincial
- Centre for Arts and Technology
- Dalhousie University
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Saint Mary’s University
- University of King’s College
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design
- Nova Scotia Community Colleges
- Atlantic School of Theology
- Metro Council on Continuing Education