Anne-Marie first joined Patterson Law as a law student in the summer of 2017. She later articled with the firm, gaining admission to the bar in 2020. After her admission to the bar, Anne-Marie joined our litigation group. During her first year of practice, Anne-Marie completed a clerkship for the judges of the Nova Scotia Court of Appeal. From her time with the Court, Anne-Marie brings strong research and analytical skills, and a valuable perspective on the judicial decision-making process.
Anne-Marie has experience practicing with our family law litigation group and has recently transitioned to our corporate commercial practice group where she advises business clients at various stages of their business life cycle. Anne-Marie also has experience assisting corporate or charitable organizations and their Boards of Directors with corporate governance matters including incorporating societies, obtaining charitable registration, establishing policies, and revising constating documents (such as by-laws). Anne-Marie also advises individuals on trusts and estate planning, powers of attorney, and personal care directives.
Areas of Law
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Pro Bono Students Canada, New Brunswick Office for Child and Youth Advocacy September 2016-April 2017
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 2020
- LL.B. (Ludlow School of Law, University of New Brunswick, 2019)
- B.Sc., Kinesiology, with Distinction (Dalhousie University, 2015)
- Attended York University, Fine Arts, 2010-2011