Property and Estate Planning Lawyer
Julia is experienced in real estate transactions and regularly acts on behalf of purchasers, existing homeowners, lenders, and sellers. She works with clients purchasing used residential housing and particularly enjoys assisting purchasers of new home construction and condominiums, and understands the unique concerns that arise in such transactions.
Julia works with clients at various times in their life, from first time home buyers to retirees bidding farewell to their lifelong home. Julia often represents clients located out-of-province, who are returning home or making a fresh start in Nova Scotia.
With a solid understanding of the Land Registration Act, Julia regularly migrates titles. She has experience with various forms of title work, including subdivisions, right of way and license agreements, and defacto consolidations.
Having dealt with all stages of property ownership, Julia has acted on behalf of lenders as well as homeowners in foreclosure and deficiency proceedings, successfully advancing her clients’ interests. She also has experience with share and asset purchases and sales including real property transactions that involve a commercial element.
In addition to her real estate practice Julia regularly assists clients with their estate planning needs including drafting wills, powers of attorney, and personal health care directives, and has experience with estate probate and administration.
A successful practice involves frequent and effective communication with clients and the various parties involved in their transaction, and scrupulous attention to detail and organization. Julia takes the time to ensure that no stone is left unturned with respect to her client’s matter.
- Regularly representing clients in real estate transactions, succession planning, and probate and estate administration, with experience in commercial transactions and foreclosures
- Dean’s List – UNB Faculty of Law (2015-2016)
- Bereskin & Parr Prize in Intellectual Property (2016)
- Forging Our Futures Award (2016)
- Allen Earle Scholarship (2016)
- Sherron Dickson Award (2014)
- Mabel French Award (2014)
- New Brunswick Law Foundation Scholarship (2014)
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Real Estate Lawyers Association of Nova Scotia
- Reachability volunteer
- Presentations at wills and estates planning and first-time home buyers’ seminars
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 2018
- Bar Admission: New Brunswick, 2018
- J.D. (University of New Brunswick Faculty of Law, 2017)