Joel is a member of our Real Property team. His expertise lies in finding solutions to the many complications which can arise when dealing in real estate. He also acts as trusted advisor and problem solver for both small business and public agencies that seek solutions to complicated legal problems.
Most real estate deals start out and close smoothly. But when the unpredictable bump in the road occurs, Joel is the lawyer you want to have protecting your interests. When deadlines are approaching and the deal is at risk, our team can make the difference between a costly legal lawsuit and a successfully closed transaction. Just ask your realtor about our reputation for results.
Graduating as Class Valedictorian from Saint Mary’s University in 1993, Joel obtained his law degree from UNB Law School in 1997. His legal attributes were recognized by his peers when he was elected to the National Council of the Canadian Bar Association.
Joel is President of the New Caledonian Curling Club, Trustee of the Pictou Academy Educational Foundation, is Past President of the New Glasgow Dragon Boat Society and has served in an executive position on the DeCoste Entertainment Centre Society and as a Commissionaire on the Scotia Rink Commission, and on various other volunteer boards and committees.
Areas of Law
- Elected National Council of the Canadian Bar Association.
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Pictou County Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- President, New Caledonian Curling Club
- Trustee, Pictou Academy Educational Foundation
- Past President, New Glasgow Dragon Boat Society
- Executive member, DeCoste Entertainment Centre Society
- Commissionaire, Scotia Rink Commission
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 1998
- LL.B. (University of New Brunswick, 1997)
- B.Com (Saint Mary’s University, 1993)