Ryan P. Brennan
Assistant for Real Estate - Renée Bourque - 902.405.8173
Assistant for Wills & Probate - Mary Letourneau - 902.405.8175
Ryan is a partner with Patterson Law. His practice consists of residential and commercial real estate purchases and sales, leasing, corporate matters and commercial transactions, wills and estate legal matters.
Ryan is active in his community, having served 5 years as chair of the Board of Directors the Spryfield and District Business Commission and four years as chair of the Spryfield Lions Rink and Recreation Society.
Ryan also recently completed his term as National Chair of the General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Section of the Canadian Bar Association and completed a three year appointment by the Province of Nova Scotia to the Board of Commissioners for the Nova Scotia Real Estate Commission where he served as Chair of the Discipline Committee.
In 2014, Ryan was the recipient of both a provincial and municipal representative volunteer of the year award for his work in his home community of Spryfield.
- Regularly assisting clients with real estate transactions, including drafting and reviewing agreements of purchase and sale, leases and other documents, land title and Land Registration Act matters
- Assisting clients with residential and commercial financing, including preparing and reviewing mortgage documents
- Advising clients on estate planning and structuring of their assets in a succession plan so as to reduce probate fees and capital gain taxes
- Advising clients with estate administration in the role of Proctor
- Advising clients on business matters including contract negotiation, leasing, real estate development, banking and financing, and business structures
- Advising clients on strategic matters and business planning, including board governance and succession planning.
- Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized in Real Estate Law, 2023
- Provincial and municipal representative volunteer of the year award for work in home community of Spryfield, 2014 from both Halifax Regional Municipality and the Province of Nova Scotia
- Recipient of Professor Robert Samek award for standing in Jurisprudence, Dalhousie University
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Management Committee Member, Real Estate Lawyers’ Association of Nova Scotia (RELANS) (2016-2018)
- Member of Board of Directors, Dalhousie Law School Alumni Association (2015-2017)
- Chair, CBA National Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Section (2018-present)
- Chair, CBA General, Solo and Small Firm Section, Nova Scotia Branch (2012-2016)
- Member, Board of Commissioners, Nova Scotia Real Estate Commission (2012-2015)
- Chair, Spryfield & District Business Commission (2009-2016)
- Chair, Spryfield Lions Rink & Recreation Society (2009-2013)
- Chair/Vice-Chair, Chebucto Connections (CCDA) (2010-2012)
- Frequent presenter at financial institutions and real estate seminars with other professionals
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 2005
- LL.B. (Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2004)
- B.A., Political Science, Saint Mary’s University, 2001)